Hi Everyone, Time for a fun lighthearted journal entry. The ever enchanting rainewhisper
tagged me in a tag and it's been a while since I've participated in this slightly unique Deviantart shenanigan so sure why not? I've got like a million days off from Work, I've got nothing better to do. So yeah. But first I just wanna chime off about me and how my life is going.
Overall, tis going alright. Not amazing, not horrible, just kinda in the middle. Could be lots better, could be loads worse. How long this bout of stability will last I have no idea. Life has a way of saying 'hey your life is too consistent" and then kicks a bunch of dust in my face and shit goes sideways before I can say "Banana hammock."
My job is still giving me like no hours to speak of. I don't have the final tally, but looking at my schedule coming up I may work maybe a week and some change out of the whole month. OUT OF THE WHOLE MONTH!
What bullshit is that? Fuckin corporate cheepskate bullshit. My store made a million dollars over budget and we're still getting shafted on hours? Well it is a brand new store so they're probably trying to pay it off.
Magic is going good I guess, lots of shakeups lately in that sphere. Its been interesting. I had the first good night of Modern Monday(the only sanctioned Magic I play) for the first time in a while. Which is good. I also helped get biomaker
into MTG and I'm really happy about that. He's even starting to use MTG slang, tellin' me how he needs more wheel effects for his Commander deck. D'aww they grow up and go broke so fast.
Though the little shit has all these great old cards I wish I had cause his dad. My moron father got rid of all his cards, and that fucker had some serious money cards to. Motherfuckin getting rid of your ancestral recall. YOU MORON!!! I digress.
MOCing is already off to a better start than 2016 was. I already have a new one on the way(yay I'm MOC pregnant again already
) I'm gonna try and get that built photographed and posted before I gotta go back to work again, but as of now I still have another bajillion days off after my one or two days back so that's not really an issue. Tis gonna be a fun MOC to show off as it's something I've wanted to build for a LOOOOOONG ass time. Yeah.
Anywho that about wraps it up for all the relevant bullshit going on in my fairly uneventful life. YAY DAVE IS BORING!
Moving on to the tag now....
The Unluckiest Tag
RULES:1: Write the rules or copy and paste them.
2: Write 13 things about yourself.
3: Answer 13 questions made by the person who tagged you and make your own 13 questions.
4: Tag 13 deviants.
5: Make sure they know that they are tagged.
6: Don't say "You're tagged if you read this"
7: It's forbidden to not tag anyone.
8: Tag backs are allowed.
9: If you don't make this tag in a week, you HAVE to obey a single wish of the person who tagged you.
13 Random ass facts about yours truly.
- I'm named after my Late Grandfather who died two months before I was born. I was originally gonna be named after my Dad, so I would have been "Donald Ray Foreman III" I'm so glad that didn't happen. The third one in the Trilogy is always the worst.
- I almost got expelled from school as a kid because another kid picked a fight with me and I pushed him off the top of the jungle gym and he broke a rib. A yard duty lady vouched for me so I didn't get expelled.
- I lowkey try to sing the music I listen to. Like I legit want to learn to sing. I learned from a semester of Choir that I am a Baratone(lookitup).
- I honestly cannot eat spicy food. Like the middle tier of hot sauce at Taco Bell is too much for me. Jalapenos which aren't even that spicy are too much for me. I'm a wimp when it comes to Spicy food.
- I've nuked my Tumblr account four times and my Instagram and Facebook once. Deviantart and Flickr are the only accounts I use regularly that I've kept since their inception.
- I've been told by former girlfriends that I am an excellent Kisser.
- I took Piano back in High School, and I used to be in Jazz band as the Bass player. We had to dress up all fancy to. I had a huge crush on our flute player, but then again so did the rest of the band.
- I never had Duplo lego, I started off with regular bricks. My mom got me some generic lego at a chain thrift store when I was 2, I'm 28 now. That's 26 years of MOCing. Might have something to do with why I have a knack for it.
- My biggest pet peeve is when my grandmother comes in to my room(s) to bug me about something, but then doesn't close the door, but makes the effort to close it part way, leaving it ajar. LIKE GODDAMNIT YOU MADE THE EFFORT TO PARTIALLY CLOSE THE DOOR, CLOSE THE MOTHERFUCKING DOOR!!! I DON'T WANNA HEAR YOU AND YOUR NOISE! LEAVE ME BE! Also, when people give vague answers to questions that don't answer the question. MOTHERFUCKER I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT SPEAK UP!!!
- i hate to dress up, for anything. I'm so unequivocally not about fashion.
- I'm also terrible at coming up with things to say about myself or asking questions. I'm honestly terrible with these tags and they take me forever to complete cause I sit here racking my brain about facts for questions that are interesting and aren't boring as shit.
- I've never left the United States. Came close to going to Mexico once but didn't. And I've only ever been to two states California (obviously) and Nevada.
- I've always worked night shifts. Every job with the exception for some temp work I did where there was no set schedule were all night shifts. I enjoy it. Less people. its dark, its quiet, and all the big bosses are never there so we get to fuck around more. Its great.
Raine's questions which she stole cause she's a thief. 1. What are three songs you've been listening to a lot lately?
2. If you suddenly developed a superpower, what would you do about it? Who is the first person you would tell, and why?
- I don't really listen to individual songs that much. I tend to listen to albums or artists on Random. The three artists I've been listening to a lot come mostly from listening to music on my phone at work(they let us listen to music so we're more productive). Those artists are Silversun Pickups, Tool, and Queens Of The Stone Age.
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- I imagine I'd tell my family. And depending on what the super power was. I'd exploit it to make sure cashflow wasn't ever an issue again. After that, again it depends on the super power. But I'd probably be a dick to society if I could get away with it. If its more a lowkey power I'd just exploit it to make mine, my family and my friend's situations better.
4. Where is one place you feel most like yourself?
- Oh I didn't know this was gonna be on the test. The door getting left open, people being vague when answering questions, loud chewing, slow people. But the door thing by far. SHUT THE FUCKING DOOR!!! YOU ARE INTERUPTING MY MENTAL SPACE AND I DO NOT APPRECIATE IT. FUCK...OFF!!!
5. What are three of your favorite comics? (This can be a webcomic, manga, Sunday comic strip, even a graphic novel counts.)
- My MOC room. Its where I can let everything else in the world fall away and just create. Also at my friend Stefan's house when his brother isn't there. I can play magic and be as ragey and loud and obnoxious as I want and no one minds. Stefan and I get a good laugh when that happens.
6. Who are you closest to in your family?
- I'm not a big comic reader. There's this one artist on Tumblr who does a fan comic called Planes Of The Multiverse and it's actually really good in terms of art quality. So that would be my favorite seeing as Bionicle is ded.
7. What decade of the 1900's would you like to visit at your current age, and why?
- My dad and my grandmother I guess. But its a strained weird relationship. We clash a lot. I don't really like my family. I could fuck off to another part of the country and I don't think I'd miss them much. I'd miss my friends a lot more. My friends to me are the family that doesn't have to put up with me, but chooses to, so that makes it more special to me.
8. When was the last time you went to see a movie in theaters, and what was it?
- Hmmm that's actually a pretty good question. Ummm the 70's when Led Zeppelin were still around and touring.
9. What is your favorite quality about your best friend?
- Rogue One, the monday after opening weekend. I personally think it was better than Episode 7.
10. How many pairs of shoes do you own? Describe them.
He puts up with my stupid ass? No in all seriousness, he's loyal, reliable, and has just as much a fucked sense of humor as I do. He'd have to be like me to some extent to be my friend for 12 years now.
11. What’s something you believe in that not everyone else does?
- Ummmm There's my every day shoes which are a pair of gray DC skate shoes, my work boots for when I worked jobs that required Steel Toed shoes, then the work shoes that I wear that are sturdier than sneakers and casual shoes but aren't as heavy. Both are a dark brown color. I think I have some Chucks in the closet, but I don't wear them anymore.
12. What cliches or tropes are you tired of seeing?
- Hmmm hard to say. I'm an Atheist which isn't exactly a unique position. That's the thing about beliefs, you're never truly alone or unique in them, not unless its super specific I suppose. There's generally someone out there in the world who shares the same belief as you, you just aren't aware of it. I'm pretty much an outlier in the Bionicle community, so I guess a lot of my beliefs and convictions that have lead to that are pretty unique to me.
13. What are three general subjects/topics that interest you (health, romance, sports, politics, etc.)?
- Gay shipping of characters who otherwise aren't or haven't been conveyed as such. Making like every characters gay or trans or what the fuck ever just for the sake of it, and not because it actually serves any purpose to the character's identity or their story. Good example of this is Tracer from Overwatch. Oh they made her gay...okay why? Did it do anything to really change the game or her story or narrative or character development? NO Tracer is still just the cockney accented brit lady zipping around being a pest(I assume I don't actually play Overwatch). Fans and to a lesser degree creators create these characters who end up being some lopsided caricature of diversity instead it happening organically. It just seems so forced sometimes. Like I understand why its happening, but people are just overcompensating at this point.
- Hmmm Well art I guess, since we're here. But the majority of it is lost on me. So can't really give that as an honest answer. Politics is frustrating because in America specifically, most of us know what the right direction is, yet we keep digging ourselves further down the hole we say we want to climb out of because I guess some people figure if we keep digging eventually we'll be on the other side. I don't think it works that way. We need to stop digging and start climbing back up. Social politics is interesting to me, but I have some pretty unpopular opinions there that usually just result in hate mail in my Tumblr inbox. Sports is utterly uninteresting to me. It is the great distraction to keep simple minded people's attention averted from what's actually going on. I'm shit when it comes to romance. Just can't seem to throw anything at that dart board that sticks. I'm probably your average amount of unhealthy *sips coffee and takes a bite of cookie as I type this*
I actually didn't make up any of those questions... I found them on online questionnaires, and I stole #1 from X-I.
- You thief. That's okay I forgive you because some of those questions were actually pretty fun and engaging.
Now I gotta ask you some questions.
I'll try to make them not suck.
1. Fantasy you've had(could be a dream or just an idea for something you've had).
2. Who online would you like to meet in person the most? It doesn't have to be me.
3. What was a difficult point in your past, and how did you overcome it?
4. Favorite Pizza Topping?
5. What is something that you've really enjoyed lately(food, video game, movie, some music, etc)?
6. Confess something to me right now. Is there something you've wanted to say to me but haven't for some reason? Spit it out! You can note me if you feel the need to.
7. You get to build yourself a totally new artificial body(Cyborg Ghost In The Shell style) you get to have complete control over what it would look like or what it could do, what would it look like and what functions or features would it have?
8. You get to live in the fictional world of your choosing, which one would you want to live in as a being from that fictional world?
9. Are you doing alright? Anything I can do to help?
10. What's something or someone that you think is totally overrated and you don't get why people like it/them?
11. Like it hot(in the summer time) or cold(winter)?
12. *stealing this question* Biggest pet peeve
13. Pick a Magic The Gathering Color:
- Green(Nature/Strength/Self Reliance),
which one fits you best?
So yeah there's my questions, they probably suck. They kinda feel suckish. Oh well I can't help it. I suck at asking questions that apply to everyone. Cause I got a lot of different people following me, kids, adults, ladies, guys, and I don't like to be too specific.
Alright now I gotta tag some of you fuckers so here goes.
Wretched--Stare (if you're feeling up to it. )
rainewhisper (just answer my questions).
There that's 13 people. That was more difficult than it needed to be. I guess I don't socialize as much on DA as much as I used to.